Friday, January 21, 2011

Contest - Repost

We're getting close to January 31st so I'm reposting our contest.

Read below to win a $20 Scrapbook.com gift code!


First off, I hate the use of "text-ese", but the acronym BFF seems to fit Misty. Out of the 2 of us, she's definitely the cooler one.

Here's the story of how we met:

I started work at a new job actually using some of my degree. I was hired to do desktop publishing for a company called POS (no kidding). Me, being me, the first day I showed up all dolled up and wearing heals. Those of you who know me know I don't wear heals (and at that time I didn't wear makeup much either). If I remember right, Misty's first impression was that I was a priss and she was sure we would never get along. Little did she know how wrong she was.
I'm not quite sure how long it took for us to be friends, but I was only there a year and we were in an office of only 6 people, so it must've happened fairly quickly.

I ended up quitting to stay at home with Jenna and the job really wasn't for me.
We kept in touch and texted a lot. I still think we text much more than we ever talk or get together. Somewhere along the line, she became my BFF. She's funny, makes me laugh, and gets my strange sense of humor. Together we get along great and even though she tends to get us lost when we go places (backroads of Idaho in the middle of winter, in the dark, and the heat was out in my car), we still laugh and find the humor in the most mundane things.

One thing we have in common is we both like our egos to be stroked and for that reason, we're doing a contest. The prize is a $20 gift code to Scrapbook.com. To enter, become a follower of the blog. To get an extra entry, post a story about your BFF. Then to get a 3rd entry, get your BFF to follow our blog and let us know. So, total of 3 entries possible. We'll run this until January 31 at midnight and then draw a winner. You have 1 week to claim your prize after it's announced or we'll draw someone new.

No comments:

Post a Comment